One-day gliding courses
Our one-day gliding courses are designed for people that would like to sample gliding in more detail than a first flight experience would allow, but don't wish to commit to our five-day course. Or alternatively have a days intensive training at any level.
The course includes:-
- Pupil to Instructor ratio of 2:1
- A morning briefing covering the basics of flight
- A Guarantee of three flights (or over an hour total soaring in two flights)
- Priority access to one of our two-seat training gliders
- Debriefing at the end of the day
- 3 months' membership of the Yorkshire Gliding Club (from the date of the first flight)
- A British Gliding Association logbook
- Flying and airfield training record cards
- If you choose to become a full Club member on the day, you'll receive a massive 50% discount on the annual membership fee.
Please download the application form below, complete and e-mail it to us, then call the office on 01845 597237 if you wish to pay by credit or debit card. Alternatively, you can send your completed form by post to: The Yorkshire Gliding Club, Sutton Bank, Thirsk, North Yorkshire, YO7 2EY.