- 22nd February – Wave Soaring/Surfing in Sail Planes
- 21st – March – GASCO Safety Meeting
- 11th January – Pre Season Members Forum
- 18th January – Winter Talks: Use of Radio
Mainly aimed at those who don't hold a radio licence. What to say, when to say it, and who to say it to.
- 25th January – YGC Official ‘Christmas’ Party
- 29th February – Winter Talks: How Weather Works
A look at weather on the macro scale and how that affects local weather patterns.
- 1st February – Winter Talks: Basic Instruments
Glider instrumentation; why we have two varios and fly at three different altitudes at the same time...
- 15th February- Winter Talks: Field Landings
How to make a successful end to an unsuccessful flight.
- 7th March – Winter Talks: Weather Forecasting
A look at the weather at a more local level; what makes a good day and how to see it coming.