The Yorkshire Gliding Club is open to the public but we ask that visitors to our airfield comply with the following rules in order to help keep everyone safe.
- We kindly ask visitors to only enter the clubhouse for a specific reason; such as using the toilets, cafe or conducting business at the office. If you can be outside, this is the best place to be!
- Our club cafe is open most days into the early afternoon. Please consider wearing a face covering when entering the clubhouse to place your order, and where possible and weather permitting, take your refreshments outside where we have provided picnic tables and benches to sit at.
- Please use hand sanitizer where provided.
- Please try to maintain a social distance and avoid gathering in large groups.
- Please do not visit us if you are feeling unwell or have recently tested positive for Covid-19 either via a PCR or lateral flow test, or you have been advised to self-isolate due to close contacts.
If you have a voucher for a flight, you can call or email the office to book a date. Our office is manned Monday-Fridays - outside of the days, you may leave us a message and we will call you back. If your voucher purchased prior to the national lockdowns expired during that period - please call us and we will be happy to book a date for your flight. Vouchers purchased during the national lockdowns will be valid for 18 months rather than the usual 12. If there are genuine reasons why you are unable to use your voucher within this time then please call and speak to us - we will always do our best to honour all reasonable requests and do not intend for anyone to miss out on their flight due to circumstances beyond anyone's control.
Whilst the pandemic is still ongoing, we will ask that when you visit us for your flight, that:
- You do not come to visit us from a high infection area where travelling outside of the locality is advised against - please re-book instead.
- You are accompanied by no more than one other person.
- You respect current social distancing rules whilst visiting our airfield
- You wear a face covering during your flight experience (your instructor will do the same).
- You inform us and postpone your visit should you or anyone in your household develop symptoms related to Covid-19 or test positive for the virus.
- Your postpone your visit if you have recently traveled to a Covid-19 hotspot either in the UK or abroad.
- Following your visit, you inform us if you go on to develop any symptoms or if you test positive for the virus within 14 days.
We appreciate your support. If you do not have a flight voucher and would like to experience our unique method of aviation - you can purchase one online.