The Yorkshire Gliding Club is presently closed to non-members, we are welcoming 'first flights' to the airfield, if you have a voucher please call us to book a date to fly.
If you have a voucher for a flight, you can call or email the office to book a date. Our office is manned Monday-Fridays - outside of the days, you may leave us a message and we will call you back. If your voucher purchased prior to the national lockdowns expired during that period - please call us and we will be happy to book a date for your flight. Vouchers purchased during the national lockdowns will be valid for 18 months rather than the usual 12. If there are genuine reasons why you are unable to use your voucher within this time then please call and speak to us - we will always do our best to honour all reasonable requests and do not intend for anyone to miss out on their flight due to circumstances beyond anyone's control.
Whilst the pandemic is still ongoing, we will ask that when you visit us for your flight, that:
- You do not come to visit us from a high infection area where travelling outside of the locality is advised against - please re-book instead.
- You are accompanied by no more than one other person
- You respect current social distancing rules whilst visiting our airfield
- You wear a face covering during your flight experience (your instructor will do the same).
- You inform us and postpone your visit should you or anyone in your household develop symptoms related to Covid-19 or test positive for the virus.
- Your postpone your visit if you have recently traveled to a Covid-19 hotspot either in the UK or abroad.
- Following your visit, you inform us if you go on to develop any symptoms or if you test positive for the virus within 14 days.
We appreciate your support. If you do not have a flight voucher and would like to experience our unique method of aviation - you can purchase one online.
Under normal circumstances, we would welcome visitors to our airfield and club cafe - but please note that this remains closed to non-members for the time being, even when the airfield is operating.
We are currently accepting new members. If you would like to visit the club with a view to joining, please call or email us and we will arrange this by appointment.